Local Truck Driver - $2,000 Sign-on Bonus
Be home nightly for the moments that matter with a $2,000 Sign on Bonus!
Apply today at https://career4.successfactors.com/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=2900&company=C0015784444P
it’s what’s inside that counts
There’s more to CMC than our steel products and the buildings, structures, and roads they go into. At CMC, it’s the people inside our recycling centers, fabrication plants, steel mills and offices that make us who we are as a company. Our success comes from finding, retaining, and supporting the highest quality talent by offering:
- Competitive compensation
- Advancement opportunities
- Paid time off
- Low-cost medical, dental, vision
- Company-paid life and disability
- Company matching 401(k) plan
- Employee stock purchase plan
Why This Job
Deliver the Steel that Builds America and be home for the moments that matter!
Come be the back bone that holds our logistics department together by picking up and delivering fabricated rebar material and scrap, while maintaining a strong safety mindset and a desire to learn. Be home nightly for the moments that matter by making timely sound decisions, staying organized, and working a flexible schedule Monday through Friday that could include overtime, weekends, and holidays. This position comes with a $2,000 sign-on bonus to all drivers with 50% being paid after 6 months of employment.
What You'll Do
- Responsible for the delivery of products to customers, contractors, and jobsites throughout the location geographic region
- Loading truck may require: securing chains across the width of a trailer to secure the product, both on the bed of a trailer and in an overhead rack, tarping of loads on trailers, and dropping and hooking a trailer
- Ability to inspect vehicle(s) for any safety or operational defects using DOT, maintenance, and safety checklists and ensuring emergency equipment is in proper working order
- Accurately complete corresponding delivery paperwork and work with production, sales and customers to communicate issues with loads and delivery time
- Use of Electronic Logging Devices (ELD) during operation of vehicle; driver will be trained accordingly
- Ensure vehicle is properly loaded and load secured and product is delivered safely and timely
- Maintain logs of working hours or of vehicle service or repair status, following applicable state and federal regulations
- Performs daily Pre-Trip, Inter-Trip, and Post Trip Inspections.
- Perform additional duties as needed.
- Work safely to prevent on the job injuries by following safety rules and regulations at all times including proper wearing of company PPE
What You'll Need
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver License required
- Minimum 1 year verifiable tractor/trailer experience required (3 years flatbed hauling over-the-road experience preferred)
- Driver must be knowledgeable in D.O.T. Regulations/Requirements
- Frequent physical activity such as walking, climbing stairs/ladders, works with chains, drops and hooks trailers, performs inspections and reaches to work with equipment throughout the entire shift
- No on-road preventable accidents during the past (3) years as shown on the Motor Vehicle Road (MVR); accidents are reviewed by CMC Logistics
- No violation for careless, negligent or reckless operation of a Commercial Motor Vehicle in previous 3 years
- No violation for speeding excessively, 15 mph or more above the posted speed limit in previous 3 years
- No more than 1 moving violation in the previous 3 years
- No felony involving the use of a Commercial Motor Vehicle in previous 3 years
- No DUI or DWI (within the last 5 years)
- Must be able to lift up to 65 lbs
- Must be able to work outside under all weather conditions to include working in the heat and cold weather
- Must speak and understand English language in verbal communication
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent experience preferred
We are Commercial Metals Company, a Fortune 500 company with a family feel that’s already part of your life. Our steel products have been supporting structures in more than 20 countries for over 100 years. And the secret to our success? We’ve built our legacy by assembling a team of innovators and doers to tackle some of the most challenging problems facing our world over the last 100 years — but we’re just getting started.
If you’re ready to reimagine ways to make the steel industry more sustainable, reinforce the bridges and roadways connecting our communities, and do meaningful work, you’re ready to join CMC. Apply today and start moving your career — and our world — forward.
CMC is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, citizenship, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, or other status protected by federal, state or local law.